Modify the password of Skype It is recommended because this ensures the integrity of the account, although it can also be done due to forgetfulness of the previous one. That is why we are going to teach you how to change the password no matter what device or operating system you use.
Change password from app on Android/iOS
In case you need to change the Skype password on any device with Android or iOS, the procedure is quite simple for both mobile phones and tablets. Here are the steps to modify Skype password:
- Open the Skype application, if you don’t have it, you can download and install it from:
- skype for android:
- Skype for iOS:
- Click on our profile picture and then go to «Setting» > «Account and Profile» > «Your account» > «Change Password«.
- Log in with your usual email and password.
- Verify your identity: a security code will be sent to you by Skype to your mobile or email (as you choose) to verify your identity. Write it in the box.
- Enter your current password and in the form below the new password, confirm it.
- Press «Save» to register your new access password.
- Clever! You will now be able to sign in to Skype with the new password.
Whenever you choose a password, and for security reasons, we recommend using a password manager like last passso you can create passwords with uppercase, lowercase, numbers and symbols, super safe!
Modifying the Skype password from a browser is a very simple process, it doesn’t matter if you use Chrome, Opera or any other browser, if you want to change the Skype password you will have to follow the following process:
- Access to the official Skype website https://www.skype.com/es.
- Click on the three horizontal stripes from the upper left corner.
- Click on «My account«, sign in to skype and then click on the option «Change Password«.
- Enter your Current password and then press the blue button «Log in«.
- Verify your identity: It is possible, although not always the case, that Skype wants to verify your identity, you will receive an email or an SMS message to your phone number with a multi-digit security code. Enter the security code and validate your identity.
- Modify your password: enter your Current password and then enter your new password twice.
- Press the blue button «Save» to register your new password.
- Clever! you just changed your Skype password.
Change the password from a computer/PC
Modifying the password of your Skype account from a computer is quite simple, you will only need a web browser (Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Safari, etc). Here are the steps to modify the password from the PC:
- head over to the Skype website https://www.skype.com/es.
- Log in using your email or phone or Skype and your password.
- Click on «My account» and then in «Change Password» on the screen below where it says «Settings and preferences«.
- Enter your Current password and press «Log in” to enter.
- identity verification: Although it may not always happen, if you are asked to verify your identity, you will receive an email or SMS to your phone number with a security code. Enter the security code and verify your identity.
- modify password: enter the Current password of your account and then enter your new password twice.
- Press the button “Save» to register your new password.
- Clever! You have just successfully changed your Skype password.
Changing the Skype password is a fairly simple procedure, which is also very similar in both the web browser version and the mobile version (Android/iOS). We invite you to change your password periodically, this will make your account more secure.