Youtube is today the main free entertainment and education channel that many people use on the internet, that is why if you have decided to take the plunge and make a niche for yourself in the world of youtubers, you will need create a youtube channel to be able to start.
Ingredients to create a good YouTube channel
The basic and main thing you will need:
- A Google account. If you have Gmail, by default you can access all Google services, otherwise, you must create an account with your email.
- Theme. A makeup channel is not the same as a movie or gamer channel, each one has its viewers, so it is important that you focus on one in particular.
- Motivation. You should ask yourself what your goals are going to be when uploading the videos to your channel, so as not to give up as soon as you start.
- Good camera and video editing software. There is a lot of competition these days, so if you can afford to spend some money on good equipment and tools, you already have quite a head start on the rest.
- Be original. The most successful channels are the ones with their own personality, so don’t be afraid to try things out.
How to create a YouTube channel in your name
This type of channel can only be managed by you from your Google accountso it’s ideal if you’re just starting out and don’t have other collaborators uploading videos.
- go to Youtube and log in with your data.
- Click on the upper right corner of your profile and then on upload a video, so that the option to create the channel is activated.
- Now a new window will appear in which you will be asked to choose your name and surname, or if you want to use a nickname, you can click on the field that we have highlighted above.
- When you are done, click on «create channel» to register your YouTube channel.
Create a YouTube channel with a company name
If you are several owners in the channel, the simplest thing is everyone can enter through a brand account and upload videos contained from that same account. For it:
- With your YouTube session started, go to the channel list.
- Click on «Create a new channel» and choose the brand account you want to associate with that channel.
- Add channel information, such as name, theme and when you finish, click on «Clever«.
- If you want to add more administrators for that account, you will have to go to «Setting«, always with your brand account started.
- Then simply go to «Bill» > «Add or remove administrators«.
- Click on «Manage permissions» and log in with your details.
- Then click on «Invite new users» and select the emails of your collaborators.
- To finish, you will have to choose the rank of each one, between Owners and administrators. The big difference between one and the other is that administrators can only upload videos, without being able to delete the YouTube account.
- When you select “Invite>Done» You will have sent the request, all you have to do is wait for these people to accept it.
How to create a YouTube channel on mobile
You must have the app for smartphone or iPhone installed:
- Open the app on your mobile/cell phone.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner and go to Account > Sign in.
- Choose between adding or creating a new Google account.
- Once inside, click on your profile image in the upper right corner.
- Choose your channel, and there you can modify it to your liking.
How to customize your channel
Once we have decided what type of channel we want to create, the ideal is to give it our touch so that it differs from the rest:
- Choose a logo for your channel. You can use your own photo or create a logo with free images from websites like pixabay. Of course, you have some restrictions for the image: 98 x 98 pixels and 4MB maximum size and format PNG or GIF (no animations).
- custom banner. You can go to websites like fivever if you are not good at designing, yes, keep in mind that YouTube recommends using sizes of 2048 x 1152 pixels and 6 MB.
- Watermarks on videos. Since stealing content is the order of the day, it doesn’t hurt to include a gua mark in your videos. It is usually placed in the lower right corner of the screen, and could be, for example, the logo of your channel.
- introductory video. On the screen of “Start» of your channel you can include an introduction video that everyone who visits you will see, so try to make it attractive so that they subscribe.
- Complete the description of your channel. If you click on «More information» on the left side of the panel you can add your custom url, put the country and a description. Do not forget to choose well the keywords related to your YouTube channel.