Instagram is a well-known social network and application that was founded in 2010 and is used to upload photos and videos. It is currently owned by Facebook and continues to add new users every day, which total more than one billion worldwide, Instagram is a photography social network!
If you want to join the global trend and create an Instagram accountit is necessary to follow some simple steps, which we will list below, depending on the system or type of device you use.
Create Instagram account from Android / iOS
You can easily create an Instagram account on your mobile, it is the most used way by its users, in fact Instagram is designed to be used on mobile phones rather than on a PC. In order to have an account, you will need to have an email address or a mobile number. Here are the steps to register a new account:
- Download and install the Instagram app (if you already have it, you can skip this step):
- Instagram for Android:
- Instagram for iOS:
- Opens the instagram app.
- Instagram will ask you if you want «Login with Facebook» or, by means of a email or phone number. In case of doing it through Facebook, you will not need to define a password or provide more information.
- If you decide you don’t want to merge your Facebook and Instagram accounts, click on “Sign up with your email or phone number“.
- If you prefer not to sign in with Facebook, then you must choose whether to give your phone number (requires confirmation by SMS) or your email. We recommend choosing your email, it is less common to change email than mobile number, and this way it will be easier for you not to forget your data in case you need to recover your account one day. Enter the data and press «Following«.
- That is all! You already have an Instagram account, and the system will randomly assign you a username. If you want to change it, click on “Change username” below, and verify that it has not been taken by anyone else.
Now you just have to complete your profile and access Instagram to be able to use all its resources! Even if you didn’t sign in through Facebook, you can still use their contacts later to link them to Instagram.
Create Instagram account from a computer / PC
It is more than clear that Instagram was designed to be used by mobile devices, but the company also allowed later that it can also be done from the PC, albeit with limited features. For example, you will not be able to upload photos or videos but only view content and participate, which luckily includes being able to “Like” some publications and follow some new contact. Follow these steps to create an Instagram account from PC:
- go to https://www.instagram.com/accounts/emailsignup.
- You must complete your data (full name, email or cell phone, Username Y password). Then press «Register».
- check: if you gave your cell phone number you should check the confirmation SMS. If, on the other hand, you used your email, you must access that account and verify by clicking on the link that Instagram sent you in the body of the email.
- Congratulations! now you are ready to use Instagram from your PC.
Create personal or business account? (Differences)
It all depends on what you are going to use your instagram profile. The main difference is that if you create a company profile you can (in addition to uploading photos):
- Create ads for your business and view statistics for those ads.
- Updated company location.
- Verified profile (to give more security).
- Several forms of contact (email, telephone, etc.) that you can include in the company’s profile on Instagram so that they can contact you directly.
- Add your business to a category so that it can appear in related searches.
Tips when creating an Instagram account
Now that you have decided to create a new account on Instagram, it is good to keep in mind some details so that your experience is the best possible:
- For your profile to be well received, you must worry about filling it with the most reliable information possible of you. Putting false information could even expose you to having your account closed or blocked.
- If you want to have many followers, do not post more than necessary, but focus on quality. You should also use as many hashtags as possible to make your post more relevant.
- At first, you may not have much content to post, so you can use other people’s content to your advantage. To do this, you can do Regram of other photos, but remember to ask permission to avoid problems.
- Take advantage of Facebook resources in your Instagram account, and for this you can link both. You just have to go to Profile > Settings > Security > Account > Linked accounts. You can also link with the social network of Twitter.
Make your Instagram account private
There are people who don’t care if their account is visible to everyone or not, but others do care about their privacy. If this is an important topic for you, proceed as follows:
- get into your instagram profile (by clicking on your profile picture) and go to setting (button gear shaped).
- go to Privacy and security > Private account (check the box)
- The changes will be saved automatically.
Once this step is completed, if someone wants to see everything you post, then they must follow you, and that goes through your approval, so you will be protected from being seen by outsiders.