set up a Electronic signature at the end of your emails is an elegant way to formalize communication, mainly with our clients, suppliers, etc. This section allows you to add relevant information, such as first and last name, postal address, phone number or even the address of a blog or an image, you can also include signature designs!. Follow these steps to create a signature in Hotmail and Outlook.
How to create and configure your personalized signature
For create a signature in Hotmail/Outlook and personalize it in all your messages follow these simple steps so that it is saved automatically:
- Log in in your account Hotmail.
- Once they’re in your inbox, click the gear icon that appears at the top right of your screen.
- Then click Options and then in Other mail settings.
- click on Signature and message source in the section Compose and reply to message.
- The first option that will appear will be to modify your signature
- In the area of Personal signaturecreate your signature, filling in the text field with the signature of your choice: (here you can add links, images, etc.)
- Later, tick both boxes below to have your signature automatically added to all emails you send or reply to.
- Finally, click on «Save” and your signature is ready!
Additionally, you can use the formatting tools to add color, put bullets, change the font, among other customization options that will make your signature look the way you want.
How to add your signature with the Hotmail / Outlook app
Remember that although it is possible configure your signature from the Microsoft Outlook mobile app, it is not possible to add images, links, or other elements from the application. Therefore, we recommend that you always follow the steps explained above if you want to configure your Hotmail signature.
In any case, these are the steps to follow to edit your signature in the application:
- open the outlook apps and log in to your account.
- Click on the 3 horizontal bars located at the top left of your screen.
- Now press the pinion at the bottom and choose the option «signature«.
- edit your signature and the changes will be saved automatically.
Put an image as a signature in Hotmail
Especially useful if you have a company or simply want to use a logo instead of your name and surname, you may be interested in adding images to your signature:
- Go into Outlook and log in with your username and password.
- Click on the cogwheel at the bottom left and go to «Signature«.
- Click on the icon, choose the image you want and click on «save«.
- You also have the option to click on Draw > Drawing Canvas and put your personalized freehand signature, which will be added as an image to each submission you make.
- With these steps, now every time you create a new email in Hotmail / Outlook you will be able to see how your signature will appear automatically at the bottom, either from your Hotmail on the web login or from the Outlook app.
The described methods work for Outlook 365, even for the Android/iOS version.