WhatsAppMessenger finally released a version with the new dark mode. Being one of the most widely used messaging apps in the world, and that is why it offers different improvements and extras every day so that you can get the most out of it while enjoying your conversations.
It should be noted that after a period of testing, the version is available both in Android as in iOSso you will have no limits to use it with your favorite mobile device.
What is dark mode and what is it for?
Although it may seem very simple, the dark mode of WhatsApp completely changes the background of the app, making it completely black, with white letters.
The main advantages of this type of mode are the following:
- Reduced eyestrain. It is proven that dark colors, especially at night, imply less stress on our eyes.
- Energy saving. Depending on the screen your device uses, changing the background color and brightness reduces battery consumption.
How to activate the dark mode of WhatsApp on Android
- Log in to Whatsapp from your smartphone.
- Click on the three points in the upper right corner and go to Settings.
- now go to Chat > Topic and there it changes from light to dark.
- The changes will take place instantly.
How to activate the dark mode of WhatsApp in iOS
In this case, it is done in a slightly different way since Apple devices do not allow applications to modify the wallpaper, so to be able to put it in dark mode, you will have to do it on your entire iPhone, for this:
- go to the Settings of the iPhone.
- In screen and brightness choose the option «Dark«.
- So you will change the wallpaper of the entire mobile, no need to open WhatsApp.
- You can also go to Settings > Control Center > customize controls and add dark mode, so you only have to press it every time you want to change your iPhone to dark mode. whatsapp dark mode.