POF, or Plenty of Fish, is one of the dating sites with the largest number of users. Since 2015 it belongs to Match, a company that is also in charge of managing Tinder. Thanks to the compatibility form with which it is possible to find other similar profiles in any corner of the planet, users have not stopped growing.
Being a platform created with the purpose of meet people and find people of different profiles, its use is not usually continuous, so users usually use it temporarily until they decide to unsubscribe from their profile. Sometimes this happens because the right person has appeared or because you have not found what you were looking for or you simply prefer to look for other options.
Delete POF account
If you want to cancel your user profile, you can do it from a specific section within the POF help center. You must bear in mind that the platform will use its strategy to prevent you from canceling your account. The step by step to delete your data in POF from the PC is as follows:
- Accede to https://es.pof.com/es_deleteaccountb.aspx from the browser you usually use.
- Log in through your platform access credentials (username and password)
- On the next screen you will will ask for the reason for which you want unsubscribe from POF. You will even be asked for some type of additional information such as your dating number or the possibility that you advise other people to use the platform. Even if you have found your better half, that person’s username will be requested. The reason why these data are requested is to improve the service, being totally voluntary to provide this data.
- Finally, enter the data required to cancel the account and click on the option «Delete account«.
- Clever! your account/profile will have been successfully deleted.
By following this procedure, you will have deleted your user profile from POF without any option to access it again. Although, yes, you can always go back to create POF account entering the same information that you have permanently deleted.
Delete POF account on Android or iOS mobiles
In the event that you want to cancel your user profile on an iOS/Android smartphone, the process is similar to the one you must follow from the PC, but with the web browser. The step by step to delete the POF account from the smartphone or iPhone is as follows:
- Open the Android and iOS browser and go to https://es.pof.com/es_deleteaccountb.aspx
- Enter the access data to your profile to start the session and identify yourself.
- In the next step, the reason why you want to unsubscribe from POF. The platform will even ask you for data on appointments that you have managed to have and even if you would recommend the platform service to other users. If you have found a special person they can even request their data. You can always contribute them voluntarily
- Click on the option «Delete account«.
- Clever! your POF account will be permanently deleted.
It is not necessary to use the platform application to delete the profile, since you can do it from the browser. Also remember to uninstall the application from your operating system, better not to leave any traces!
Why delete a Plenty of Fish account
For what reason does a user decide to unsubscribe from POF? Some of the most common reasons are the following:
- The use of the platform has not met expectations: in that case, you can consider the idea of reviewing the profile data to improve it and get results with a higher compatibility index.
- meet a person: whether it has been through POF or in any other way, it is one of the reasons why many users decide to leave the POF service
- spam messages: The messages you receive may not suit your preferences or simply cause you some discomfort.
- Opt for another online dating service: There are other advanced methods to find a partner. Some of them use advanced functions that include the geo-location service, especially useful to see if there are compatible users nearby.
The results guarantee the good service of POF, with 67% of people -according to official data- who have managed to find someone special, and around 16,000 satisfactory cases.
What happens when you delete an account in POF
When making the decision about delete your profile on Plenty of Fishyou should know the consequences that this brings:
- You will not be able to re-enter, since both your photos and all of your profile and messages are deleted from the database.
- The plans you have purchased are not refundable.
- The process is irreversible, the good thing is that you can re-register with the same email account you had. In our guide we show you how to recover pof account