The Reasons for deleting a Skype account vary from user to user, but they are usually: communication interruptions, it takes up too much disk space, it is very slow or you simply did not like it. That is why many people decide to delete their Skype account and replace it with a better one.
In order to correctly delete the Skype account, the same data must be used as when they decided create skype account, since otherwise it will not recognize the owner of the account. The process may vary a bit depending on the device or operating system you use, but we will explain all the cases.
Delete Skype account from Android device
Deleting a Skype account from an Android phone mostly depends on the email used to create it, which must be the same as the one associated with Microsoft. Taking this into account, the process starts like this:
- Open Skype and select the profile picture.
- Press your profile image to access the general menu, press the option «Setting«.
- Press the first option «account and profile«.
- Press the last option «Close account«.
- Verify your identity: Enter your password and sign in to go to the verification screen.
- Choose the type of verification: among the available methods, it can be via SMS or email, in the chosen medium you will receive the security code.
- Enter the security code in the form and continue.
- will appear notices about the deletion of your accountwe recommend reading the implications and conditions, among them, there is a condition that explains that when delete a Skype account created with a OneDrive, Xbox, Outlook or Hotmail account, you will also lose access to those services, files and all your personal data will be deleted. Remember that you have 60 days as a grace period to recover your account in case you regret the deletion.
- Select the reason(s) for deletion and press “Mark account for closure» to permanently remove Skype.
- Clever! your account is already scheduled for deletion.
On your Android device you must delete skype app, you can do this by holding down the icon and uninstalling the app. You can also do it from the Settings or Settings of the mobile phone or tablet.
Delete Skype account from an iOS device
For an iOS device, you have to follow a series of steps different from the previous ones if you want to delete the Skype account correctly. Here are the steps to delete an account from iOS:
- Click on the application icon and go to “Setting”.
- Select “account and profile”.
- Click on the option “Close account”, will ask you for the passwordenter it and press «Log in«.
- identity verification: a security code will be sent to your mobile phone via SMS or to your email inbox associated with your account.
- check with him security code, you will access a list of conditions that you must select to delete your account. You must bear in mind that when you delete your Skype account, and if you used an email from Hotmail/Outlook or OneDrive when creating it, you will permanently lose access to services such as Office 365, Xbox, and also your files and message history.
- Select a deletion reason to delete the Skype account and click on “Mark account for closure”.
- Clever! You will have successfully deleted the account. Remember that the deletion is completed after 60 days, period that you have to return to recover your account your skype account.
There are many reasons for wanting to get rid of Skype on an iOS device, although the most common is its infrequent use or the preference for other platforms such as WhatsApp, which, after all, is another free and lighter messaging application.
Delete skype account from mobile
In the case of wanting to delete Skype without accessing the application but from a mobile device, the process is a bit complicated, since Microsoft does not show the option to “Close account” when logging in from a mobile browser (Chrome, Opera, Firefox , etc). One solution is to log in and search Google or Bing for the “Microsoft Account Closure Page”, but here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- go to the Microsoft account closure page.
- Log in with your usual username and password.
- identity verification: it can be through SMS or email, you will receive a security code in the chosen method, you must enter it and continue.
- will appear a list of consequences To keep in mind if you decide to close your account, you must select them if you created the account with Hotmail/Outlook or OneDrive email, since you will lose access to multiple complementary services and also to your files.
- Choose the reason you want to close the account.
- Press on “Mark account for closure” to delete Skype permanently.
- Clever! your Skype account is scheduled to be deleted in 2 months.
Please note that this process will take some time, exactly 60 days, during which you can interrupt the deletion of your Skype account simply by signing in again. This option offers more security, perhaps in the future you want to activate your account and use Skype and Microsoft services again.
Delete Skype account from PC
Skype has been used since its creation on computers/PCs, since it is a service with a certain age, it offers many facilities to delete your account from the PC. Here are the steps to delete the account:
- Access to https://www.skype.com.
- Log in in “Use Skype online» with your access data, email or telephone or Skype and your password.
- Press on the picture of your profile and click on «Setting«.
- Click on «Close account«.
- A screen will open skype support.
- Search and click on «Account Closure Page«.
- Sign back in with your access data.
- identity verification: select the verification method, it can be via SMS (phone number) or email, Skype will send you a security code to verify your identity. Deleting an account is a sensitive process.
- Select all warnings about the consequences and conditions of account deletion, and press “Mark account for closure”.
- Clever! your account will be deleted soon, remember that you have 60 days to re-login, activate and recover your account.
Deleting a Skype account from a PC also causes loss of access to Outlook, OneDrive, Xbox, Office 365 and all other Microsoft services. If you don’t want that, an alternative would be deactivate skype account without deleting itkeeping all of the above.