Delete a Spotify account it may be somewhat more complicated compared to YouTube Music or Apple Music. If you have decided that you no longer need the streaming services of this platform, below we indicate what you should do.
Delete a Spotify account
Unsubscribing from Spotify requires a few simple steps that will only take a few moments. The username you were using until then will be completely disabled and all services associated with your account, such as playlists or social profile, will be permanently deleted. Access to Spotify’s extensive catalog will no longer be available, although you will always have the option to create a new account. Here are the steps to delete your Spotify account:
- Check if you have Premium or Free account (free, in english), if it is Premium and you have an active subscription, you must cancel it first.
- Accede to https://www.spotify.com from your browser (you can use a PC or any device -Android/iOS-).
- Login with your access data.
- Go to the bottom of the page and locate «Company«. press on “About”.
- Locate the option «Customer service and support» and press option 3, «Contact Form«.
- Click on «Bill«.
- Click on “I want to permanently close my account“.
- A message of “We miss you«, click on «Close account«.
- Confirm the final deletion of the account.
- Clever! your Spotify account will be permanently deleted.
Do you have Spotify Premium? unsubscribe
Do you have an active Spotify premium subscription? Before starting the process of deleting the account, you must unsubscribe from Spotify Premium accessing the payment options of your Spotify account:
- Accede to https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription.
- Log in (If you don’t get directly to the subscription section, go to Profile > Bill > Subscription).
- Click on “change or cancel“.
- Press “cancel premium“.
- Clever! your Premium subscription will be cancelled.
That procedure will make your premium subscription is disabled and you can permanently delete your account.