WhatsAppMessenger It allows you to chat with people from all over the world for free, that is, if you no longer want to talk to someone, it is very easy to remove it from your agenda, that is why we are going to tell you How to delete a contact from whatsapp In a simple way.
Delete a contact from the PC
- For those who do not like to use the mobile, it is not possible to delete our contacts with the web or desktop application, since it only allows delete chatbut the contact will remain on our agenda.
- It is true that there are several options, but in none of them does it allow us to access our contact list on whatsapp.
- If by chance you have reached this screen by going to Settings > Blockedkeep in mind that clicking on the cross will not erase them, just the opposite, in this way you will unblock your contacts in WhatsApp.
- Therefore, we have no choice but to access our terminal.
Delete a WhatsApp contact on Android
- The way this app works is that synchronize your phone book with their servers, and find if these numbers are in your database, in that case, it is when you can add them. Therefore, to delete them, you will have to first remove them from the memory of your mobile terminal.
- If the other person has not added you to WhatsAppit’s quite simple, to remove him from your contact list, you just have to delete him in your phone book, going to contactsand clicking on the trash can icon.
- Now go back to the app and click on the Lower right corner the icon that we mark you.
- Go to the three dots and hit to updateand said contact should no longer appear in your list.
- In some cases it may appear, especially if the other person has added you or you have had a conversation, in this case it will appear without a name and only with the phone number.
- Simply hold down said contact and you will get a series of options above, click on the trash can and said contact will be deleted from your WhatsApp. Don’t forget to give to update as we have done in previous steps.
- If you block it, it will not appear in the list either, although it will appear in blocked contacts, or at least until the other person decides to delete you from their phone book.
Delete a WhatsApp contact on iOS (iPhone)
- Open the WhatsApp app on your iPhone and go to new chat.
- Choose the contact you want to delete by clicking on their name at the top.
- Go ahead Edit > Delete contact
- Don’t forget to click on To update so that your contact list is updated.
How to delete a WhatsApp contact that is not in the agenda
It is possible that someone unknown contact us via WhatsAppfor these cases, if we only want to remove said contact, we can try the following:
- Go to the chat you received and hold for a few seconds.
- An icon of a trash can will appear at the top, click on it to delete the contact.
- This will not prevent that person from contacting you again, for this you will have to block her on whatsapp.
How to delete a WhatsApp contact without them noticing
Although we can configure our app to preserve our privacy, sometimes we are not sure whether to delete someone or not, so if you are still thinking about it, this may be a middle option:
- Look for that contact in your phone’s phone book.
- Edit your data; you can delete his name, number, etc.
- Since you have not deleted said contact from your agenda, it will continue to appear in WhatsApp but only with a phone number.
- Another option is to give it no hints and set privacy to a minimum when you remove it by going to Settings > Account > Privacy
Before trying all these methods, remember that the videos and photos you have in these conversations could also be lost. If you have already done so, we recommend that you take a look at our article on how to recover deleted photos and videos from whatsapp and at least try to see if it’s fixable.