Telegram It has been making a dent in the world of messaging to the point of unseating large companies like WhatsApp in terms of number of users. How could it be otherwise, it also offers a desktop version for your convenience, so from here we will show you how to download telegram desktop so you can start using it right away.
How to download Telegram for desktop
Perhaps the best known is the web version or the iOS or Android versions, however, installing it on our computer is not complicated at all:
- Enter the Telegram official website
- Click on «Download for Windows» or if you want to install it on another operating system, just below it lets you choose the platform you prefer.
- After a few seconds a file called something like tsetup.xxxexewhere x corresponds to the most current version at that time.
- Once installed, hit «start chatting«, will ask you to verify your mobile with an SMS or an automated call.
- When enter the codeyou should be able to enter your Telegram account and see the same contacts that you have added in the mobile version.
How to download Telegram desktop from the Windows Store
If you don’t want to leave your PC, there is the option to use the Microsoft Store:
- Click on the icon (usually in the taskbar, at least in the Windows 10 version).
- Type Telegram in the search bar and hit enter.
- Click on get and the download will start.
- You can also go from our direct link:
How to download Telegram on Linux
Since there are many operating systems based on UNIX, we are going to describe how to download it for Debian and Ubuntu, as they are the most popular:
- We open the terminal, either by clicking on the icon or by combining CTRL+ALT+T.
- We wrote: sudo apt-get install telegram-desktop If you have a system with Debian.
- EITHER sudo add-apt-repository ppa:atareao/telegram if you have any of these versions; Ubuntu 17.10, 17.04LTS, 16.04LTS, 14.04LTS
- We update with: sudo apt update Y sudo apt install telegram
Advantages of Telegram Desktop
- You may contact all your friends from your computersaving the conversations.
- You use your PC connectionthis means that if you do not have data on your mobile, it is a good idea to save.
- possibility of make and receive calls using the Internet.
- typing speed and more quality in sending audio, when using our computer.
- night mode in case you must manage your chats without much light.
- Synchronization of groups, contacts and Telegram bots with your mobile and Telegram Web. Everything you add to your account is saved across all versions.
- Perhaps one of the biggest advantages is that makes it much easier to access both to videos as photosjust by clicking on the profile of our contact, and then on the file category that interests us.