Do you know how to recover your deleted emails in Hotmail / Outlook? Did you clear your inbox and all your received emails disappeared, or did you delete some very important one by mistake? How to restore them? Here we will tell you!
Many people panic when they mistakenly delete an important email from their inbox. If this has happened to you, keep calm, because there are many ways to reset your emails in Hotmail/Outlook. This article provides useful methods to help you permanently recover all your deleted emails from Outlook or Hotmail.
Recover deleted email from Outlook
If you have already searched for the email in the “Deleted Items” folder and you don’t see it, then check the “Junk Email” folder because you have probably moved it to that folder inadvertently. If not, try to recover it as follows:
- Click on the “Deleted elements” on the left side of the Hotmail or Outlook.com desktop.
- Then select “Recover deleted items” at the top of the window.
- Once this is done, a popup will open showing the list of deleted files.
- Here, you need to select the emails or files that you want to restore.
- Finally, click on «Retrieve” and finally in “To accept”.
- Deleted emails will go back to their original place, saved!
Recover Hotmail emails from Deleted Trash
Almost every application or mail program has set up a trash folder that works like the trash can on the PC to temporarily store or host deleted or unwanted mail files. So, if you have deleted emails from Hotmail and Outlook, you can do the following steps to restore deleted emails from Trash :
- Log in with your account Hotmail/Outlook/Live on the website.
- Then, select the option “Removed” located on the left side.
- Scroll to the bottom if you couldn’t see it.
- Finally, click on «Recover deleted messages”.
this way you can recover emails from Hotmail/Outlook that you have deleted by mistake. Remember that only deleted emails are kept for 30 daystherefore, you can only access the emails deleted from the trash during this period of time.
Recover a Hotmail email from Recoverable Items
If you have been a foresighted person, you may have downloaded the .pst file or you have saved the files to the local drive of your PC. This gives you the possibility to recover deleted emails with data recovery software.
If you can not find a Hotmail email in your Deleted Items traythen you need to look in the Recoverable Items folder, following these steps:
- In the left panel, select the “Deleted Items folder”.
- At the top of the message list, select “Recover deleted items from this folder”
- Select the elements you want to recover and choose “Restore”.
Note: You can only select all if all messages are visible. This is to prevent accidental actions on messages that you cannot see.
Restore deleted emails from Hotmail (Outlook) after 30 days
Most of the email programs or software only keep the deleted emails in the trash only for a time of 30 days. After this period of time, these files will permanently disappear.
But, as we have already discussed before, if you have had the foresight to download the .pst / .ost files from the mail database or have hosted all your mails on a local drive on your computer, it is possible to recover it in case you have unconsciously deleted them.
By taking these precautions, you can perfectly recover all your Hotmail emails that you have deleted on your PC using a deleted file recovery software tool.
Many software like Disk Drill Pro, Disk Digger, Wondershare Recoverit Data Recoveryamong others, allow recover deleted emails in Hotmail or Outlook from your computer, even if more than 30 days have passed.
A good method to prevent important emails from being lost is to make the received emails arrive in a specific folder in Hotmail or Outlookso that you have them located.