Google Chrome offers a lot of customization possibilities with its extensions, but what many people don’t know is how to activate incognito mode in chromewithout the need to install any extras. It can be done in a few minutes and you will not have to leave the browser at all.
Open an incognito window in Chrome on PC
- Look in the upper right corner of your browser, next to your Google account icon, you will see three horizontal dots.
- Pressing them will open a drop-down like the one you see, choose the option «New incognito window«.
- You can also press Ctrl+Shift+N and it will open automatically. The Shift key is the one just above the CTRL (⬆️ usually has this image).
- If you’ve done it right, one new chrome window like this it will open. You can browse normally with it, but your data will be safer.
- As you can see, it gives you the option to block third-party cookies or not, it depends on what you prefer, but keep in mind that, for example, if you watch a video on YouTube, won’t save your history.
- Either will save your Google searches nor what you visit, so it is ideal if you do not want a trace of the websites you visit.
Open an incognito window in Chrome from mobile
- The first thing is obviously that you have the app installed on your iOS or Android terminalwhich just in case we leave you here the links:
- developer: unknownPrice: Free
- When you download and install Chromeopen it on your mobile.
- You will see a window similar to this, do click on the three dots from the upper right corner.
- Give the second option, «incognito new tab«.
- A new tab will open for you, the same as the PC version. If you want to visit a website or search for something on Google, just type it into the browser’s search bar.
Advantages of Chrome’s incognito mode
- Above all, it prevents cookies track your data.
- They will not be able to take screenshots while in incognito mode on mobile.
- It allows open two simultaneous sessions. Especially useful for websites that block IPs if you enter many times from it.
- The Google search results they will be different, since it does not save the access of your previous searches.
- you shall bewaresince it is far from being an antivirus, and if you visit a fraudulent website, it could damage your computer.