OneDrive is a service created by Microsoft designed to share files and photos from the cloud between devices (PC, mobile, tablets, etc), so that they can be accessed safely even without an Internet connection and synchronizing with your Windows account .
Sign in to OneDrive
Press the button to enter and sign in to OneDrive.
to start use OneDrive you will only need an email address and a password. So you can log in and access your files regardless of the device from which you access, being the same account for all of them. Note that you can even use Skype to access OneDrive. Since Accounts & Sessions we have put together a guide to help you log in easily and an article for you to learn how OneDrive works and never miss a show.
Sign in to OneDrive from a web browser
To log in from the web, the process is very simple and you will only need your email, password, phone number or username/Skype address. Here are the steps to log in from a web browser (Chrome, Opera, Safari, Firefox, etc):
- Accede to https://onedrive.live.com.
- Press «Log in«.
- Enter your email, phone number mobile or Username from Skype. Press “Following“.
- Enter the password. Remember that if you have a Skype account, you will have to enter the Skype password. Click on «Log in«(if it is a trusted device, you can select “Stay signed in“ so that the next time you enter the service, the session is open).
- Clever! the session will have started successfully.
Sign in to OneDrive from a computer / PC
OneDrive has programs and applications for multiple devices, they are more agile than a web browser and they also come included with the service. Using OneDrive from the PC brings many advantages, one of them is the folder synchronized in the cloud called «OneDrive«, everything you add there will appear on all devices (and will also serve as a backup). Here are the steps to log in from a PC:
- Download and install the program from https://onedrive.live.com/about/download (If you already have the program installed, you can skip this step).
- Opens the program.
- Enter your email in the form and press “Log in“.
- Enter your password and click “Log in“ to enter your account.
- Clever! From now on your files will be synced between devices, the session was successfully started.
Following these steps you will be able to enter your OneDrive account and, if you have a company plan, synchronize all the accounts at the same time.
Sign in to OneDrive from Android / iOS / Windows Phone
OneDrive has native applications for Android, iOS and Windows Phone, being faster than using the browser, and also more secure. Here are the steps to log in from a mobile device:
- Download and install the official app (if you already have it installed, you can skip this step):
- OneDrive for Android:
- OneDrive for iOS:
- windows phone:
- Opens the application.
- Press «Log in» and enter your access data (email or phone number or Skype) to be able to enter.
- Enter the password and press « againLog in«.
- Clever! you will already be logged in.
OneDrive is a storage and synchronization service, it is used to have files on different devices with ease and also allows you to use the features of each device, that is, you can use the camera of the mobile phone or tablet, share or send files from services of messaging and a long etc.
Problems logging in?
OneDrive, like any other service, requires meeting certain criteria to access, most of them are for our security, but on many occasions failures occur or we forget some information that prevents us from logging into our accounts, that is why we have created a list with Common issues for OneDrive users:
- lost password: Very common, especially when accessing with the Microsoft account. Fortunately you can reset the password and you must follow the following steps:
- Introducing the email used when registering.
- Press «Following«.
- Press «get code«.
- Check the email inbox, you will have received a recovery message with a code that you must enter and then you can choose your new password (remember to use uppercase, lowercase, numbers and some symbol, so your account will be more secure).
- The app cannot be used to sync a personal account: This is a common error for Windows 8.1 users. To fix this, you need to sign in with your Windows account, search for the OneDrive app, and try to enter it from your PC. If you can’t find it, type “OneDrive” or go to the Windows Store.
- Wrong email or phone number: If you have not logged in since 2015, or you have marked said account to be deleted and more than 60 days have passed, your account will have been permanently deleted, receiving that message and it will be impossible to recover it.
If your problem is not indicated in this list, you can always contact Windows support for OneDrive and explain your problem.
Now you can enjoy this fantastic service and have all your files safe. Also, if you have a business, remember that you can access the version of OneDrive for Businesswith many advantages, more space and advanced management and security features.