PayPal It is the most widespread platform for sending money, between individuals and companies, in the world. It stands out for the number of currencies that can be managed in the same account and the speed between transactions, being instantaneous.
Login to PayPal
Press the button to enter and open the PayPal session.
Both to be able to access your account and to send money, you must log in to PayPal, and there are several ways to achieve this. Since Accounts & Sessions We have developed this guide so that you can quickly access it.
Sign in to PayPal from a web browser
PayPal is a money management service, you can send and receive money from your balance, bank account or cards, and that is why you must take care of your login. Here are the steps to log in safely from the official website:
- Accede to https://www.paypal.com.
- Press “Get in«, located at the top right.
- Write your email and click on “Following“. Then do the same with your password.
- Click on “Log in«.
- Clever! you should have successfully logged in.
If all goes well, the web should load you in a short time. Remember to verify the domain: www.paypal.com and no other, also, do not enter your password many times in case it is wrong, if you do not remember it, recover the password, this way you will prevent your account from being blocked.
Login to PayPal from Android / iOS
PayPal is a service that is always evolving, since the arrival of mobile devices, the company has created specific applications for Android/iOS, they are faster and more agile than using the browser. Logging into PayPal on mobile devices is extremely easy. Here are the steps to open your session:
- Download and install the application (if you already have it installed, you can skip this step):
- PayPal for Android:
- PayPal for iOS:
- Opens the application.
- Press “Log in“.
- Enter your address email Y password from account. Click on “Log in”.
- Clever! You will have successfully logged in.
If you’ve done everything right, you should see the PayPal home page.
Trouble signing in to PayPal?
PayPal, like any other service, can cause problems if you forget your login details or enter them incorrectly twice or more. Being a payment service, it is possible for PayPal to block any account with suspicious activity, that is why you should take precautions when using this service. Here are some common problems you may have:
- wrong password: Whether you have forgotten it or PayPal forces you to change it due to suspicious activity, it is best to go to this link and sign in with the email associated with that account, then press “Following“ and reset your password.
- non-existent email: If the opposite happens to you and you do not remember your email address, you will have to enter here and write 3 email addresses that you have ever used in that account and press “Following”. If one is correct, PayPal will let you log in or regain access to the account.
- Account lockout for entering the wrong password too many times: If PayPal thinks someone is trying to get into your account without your permission, PayPal will block your account. This can happen if the password is entered incorrectly too many times in a row. To solve this, it is best enter here and see the different forms of contact depending on the country where you reside.
As long as you have all your personal details to hand, PayPal’s customer service usually finds solutions quickly, so you can be sure to regain access and log into your account in no time.
Security tips when signing in to PayPal
You must be careful when using PayPal and logging in, as it is a platform for sending and receiving money, there will be many people interested in stealing our access and thus being able to access our money/account, we are always exposed to dangers! . To protect you from them we have compiled a list of safety tips:
- Check that the PayPal domain address is the official one: there are fake websites that will try to get hold of your data. It is safest to enter www.paypal.com either www.paypal.com/en (Spain), all of them accompanied by a green padlock on the left.
- Update your password: It is the only protection barrier against strangers. You should make sure to change it frequently by going to the PayPal Security Center to change it. Remember to use uppercase, lowercase, numbers and some symbol.
- Never save the access password on other people’s computers: An open session or a saved password in an unknown browser can bring you serious problems, they can access your account and steal from you! Never give to «save my password» (option that browsers usually recommend) and always log out when done.
- Update your antivirus and firewall: Keep your antivirus/firewall updated and active, it will help protect you from intruders or hackers who want to steal your PayPal account.
- Read the PayPal.com notices: It is possible that if someone wants to access from a strange location (any country that you do not know or have not visited), PayPal sends you an email or SMS, read it, as this alert will help you know that you will have to enter the service and modify your password and/or access data as soon as possible.
Follow our advice and your PayPal account will be fully protected against privacy invasions.