You can now easily access Hotmail email , even though the service has changed its name, the domain addresses are active and you can log in :
Sign in or sign in to see if there are any unread emails? in Outlook -known as Hotmail- it is necessary to log in to access the inbox with all the emails -read and to be read-. Please prepare your email address to login , it is similar to @outlook.com , @live.com, @hotmail.com or other regional versions of Outlook, you will need to enter it on Outlook / Hotmail official site.
Difficulty logging in? Don’t worry, below is a guide to a secure login!
Outlook is the same service if you log in to www.outlook.com or www.hotmail.com to check your mail, they both have the same features. Hotmail was a pioneer in free email services, it was founded in 1995 and acquired by Microsoft in 1997. You can access Hotmail/Outlook using a PC with a web browser or a mobile phone via the official iOS/Android apps. . In Accounts & Sessions we will guide you at all times so that you can access your mailbox .
Sign in to Outlook / Hotmail from the web or a PC
Outlook / Hotmail has an extraordinary online service, for this reason, most users access the mail service through its website using a browser, such as Google Chrome , Mozilla Firefox , Opera , Brave or others (from any browser). mobile device or computer). Then follow the steps below to access from the browser:
- Go to https://www.outlook.com or https://login.live.com and click on « Sign in «. If you have previously logged in, the system will automatically send you to the Live.com address (same service) to log in.
- Enter your email and press « Next «.
- Enter the password with which you usually access and press « Login «. If it is your usual device, you can check “Keep me signed in”, this way, it will not ask you for the access data again and you will automatically enter your inbox.
- Clever! You just accessed your email inbox.
Problems logging in ? Check out our step-by-step guide to recover a Hotmail/Outlook account .
Get into Hotmail.com / Outlook.com inbox
Enter directly to your Outlook or Hotmail email, for this you must log in from the web. Once you finish the login, you will appear in the inbox with your received messages. Always remember that you can add the access url to your favorites bar, so it will only be a matter of pressing it to access quickly. Here are the steps to access your email inbox:
- Go to https://outlook.live.com/owa/?nlp=1 to sign in to the Outlook or Hotmail service.
- Enter your email , your password and press « Login «.
Clever! You will now be able to see the inbox of your Outlook email account.
In the unlikely event that this does not happen, you can try accessing https://outlook.live.com/mail/inbox or clicking on “Inbox” on the left side of the panel. This will force the browser to go to your mailbox.
Sign in to Hotmail / Outlook with the mobile app (Android/iOS)
Outlook (or commonly Hotmail) allows you to log in from any mobile device, be it Android or iOS, as long as you previously download the official Outlook application. To download, install, and sign in to Outlook on your mobile device, follow these steps:
- Download the official Outlook app:
- Outlook for Android :
- Outlook for iOS :
- Install the app and then open it, to continue press “ Introduction ”.
- In “ Add account ” you must enter your Outlook email address (although it also supports emails from other services, such as «Gmail», «Yahoo» and even a mail server belonging to your domain -POP/SMTP-), press « Continue “.
- Enter your email password and press the ” Login ” button .
- It will ask you if you want to add more accounts, if you don’t want to, press the ” Skip ” button.
- Ready!, you can now access 🙂
Congratulations! in a few seconds you will be in your Outlook inbox.
Once you add the Outlook or Hotmail account , it is important that you activate the notifications to receive notices of the emails that arrive, so you will not have to log in every time to see if you have received new emails. You can also sign in or turn on notifications from your mobile browser by going to outlook.com and signing in.
Login to Hotmail/Outlook without email
For Windows users, it is quite easy to log in to Hotmail if we do not remember the email, for this we will only need to follow these steps:
- Enter the Hotmail login screen and tap Login Options > I forgot my username.
- Write the phone number associated with that account or the email correctly and press « next «.
- They will send you a security code to your mobile or email. Enter it on the screen.
- You will see a list with the users associated with that email/phone. Copy these data and you will be able to access your Hotmail account normally .
Login via Github
A convenient way to log in to Hotmail is thanks to the Github platform so you won’t have to worry about forgetting your data again:
- Enter the Hotmail page to start your session.
- Click on “login” at the top and click below where it says “ login options ”.
- Choose « login with Github «
- Enter your Github login details and you will be able to access your Hotmail inbox.
- If you do not have the account, you must visit this official link and create it in a few minutes.
Enter with a security key
Many of the advances in digital cryptography have allowed us to store our access data and log in more securely using a simple USB. These devices can be found in stores like Amazon , eBay or other specialized stores, and you can even access Hotmail by putting your fingerprint on said USB.
- Go into Outlook/Hotmail and press ” Login “.
- Then go to Sign in options > Sign in with a security key .
- Insert your USB at that time, a window will appear confirming that you have inserted the device and you will not need to enter either the password or the email.
Sign in with 2FA (two-factor authentication)
An alternative to enter our Hotmail/Outlook account more securely is to use two-step authentication or 2FA , which will ask us, as its word indicates, two steps to ensure that we are the account holders:
- Sign in to Outlook .
- Click your profile in the top right corner on your profile picture.
- Then go to My Profile > Edit Profile Information .
- Confirm that it is you by entering the security code that Windows will ask you for (you will receive it in the email associated with the account).
- Click Security > Advanced Security Options .
- Go down to Additional Security and where it says « two-step verification » click on « Activate «.
- Click next and choose another alternative way to verify your identity. It is important that you have access to the device you choose as you will need it later to access your mailbox.
Trouble logging in?
Note : To fix the issues that you can’t resolve by signing in, we recommend you to visit our article recover a Hotmail / Outlook account .
Can’t log in to your account? many users have problems from time to time when trying to access their account, if you are one of them, don’t worry, we have the solution! The most common case is losing the password or email , among others, but in almost all cases, you can recover your account as long as, at the time of registering the account, you have included recovery information. Here are some of the most common problems:
- I forgot my password : if you have entered your password several times and you get an error when trying to access your emails, it is possible that you have forgotten your correct password. You will find the solution to reset your password at https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx , where you can enter the necessary information to reset your password and reactivate your account.
- I am not receiving the security code : you have tried to recover your access but you are not receiving the email or the SMS message to verify your identity. In this case go to https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx , enter your email and click “I don’t have any of these proofs” to go ahead and regain access to your account.
- Account locked for 1 month – If access has been attempted from elsewhere or Microsoft believes your privacy has been violated, it may deny you access for 30 days for security reasons. It usually doesn’t happen, but there are exceptions.
- Two-Step Verification Enabled – In case you have “ Two-Step Verification ” enabled , you will not be able to log in unless you type the code that is randomly generated. The solution would be to try to use the password of the application to log in or download an application that generates codes for said verification, although for this you must also identify yourself.
- Blocked user profile – Outlook disables accounts that have violated its service standards. If you want to recover your account, you must request verification via SMS message to validate your identity and reactivate access to your account.
- Doubtful sign-in from another location or device – Outlook might think that someone else is trying to access your account, either because of some suspicious activity, a sign-in attempt from an unknown device, or from an “unusual” location, which is why automatically locks it. To regain access to your account, you’ll need to prove to Microsoft that it’s your account by validating your identity , you’ll need to use your recovery phone number or secondary email to regain your email access.
- You don’t remember your email or password . In these cases, the ideal is that you contact the Microsoft service from here and they will help you to regain access to your tray.
If you still have doubts, check out our article to recover an Outlook account , there we discuss the most practical methods to recover an account quickly.
Security tips for signing in
Most account thefts in Outlook (including any service that requires protected access) happen due to the users’ own inattentiveness when they log in. The security of our accesses to log in must always be kept in mind, in this way we will avoid losing -or preventing them from stealing- important accounts or accesses. Here are some safety tips:
- Check the address of the service before entering : look at the web address, this must be the official Microsoft one. It has the following possible variants: outlook.com , live.com , msn.com , microsoft.com , hotmail.com or also subdomains such as: login , account or mail. x .com (change the “x” for the urls you have seen before, example; mail.msn. com ). If you see any changes such as the inclusion of numbers or something like hot-mail.com or ms4n.com, do not enter, you could be a victim of phishing !
- Updated antivirus and antimalware : If you have antivirus/antimalware, you will be able to scan your device periodically and eliminate possible programs that try to save your access data or private information. Be careful! these programs/viruses can detect what you type and steal your passwords.
- Close the session : if the computer or device is not yours, or you are traveling, close the session when you do not need to use Outlook anymore, remember that anyone who uses the device again could access your email account!
- Change your password several times : change your password every month or from time to time, remember to use numbers, uppercase, lowercase or special symbols, this will make it difficult for someone else to try to access your account! You can also read our guide to change Hotmail password .
- Encrypt your connection with a VPN if the WIFI network is not the usual one : If you are traveling, working in cafes or public libraries, you should know that anyone connected to the same Internet network as you could be monitoring the traffic in search of sensitive data or passwords, be careful! To encrypt all the data that comes out of your device, use a VPN:
- WARP for Android :
- WARP for iOS :
Microsoft cares a lot about the security of your data and your Hotmail / Outlook account, but it is important that you always try to be vigilant as well to avoid security problems. Remember that if you need personalized help you can directly access the Customer Service, support and contact telephone numbers in different countries .
What is Outlook and how is it different from Hotmail?
Outlook is manages more than 500 million email accounts, including 300 million @hotmail.com, and is the most popular Microsoft service, with which, in addition, it allows access by signing in to OneDrive , Skype , Office and many more.
If you have an account with @hotmail.com address , you may have noticed that since 2012 Microsoft enhanced the brand of its email manager called “Outlook” and merged it with the Hotmail service , ending its merger in April 2013. The service Microsoft email has been called very differently in the past, using names like Hotmail , MSN Hotmail , Windows Live Hotmail to the current one: Outlook.com , so it won’t be unusual to see Hotmail branding on some of these domains:
- Mail.live.com – The Live.com domain and brand is owned by Microsoft, and it’s not uncommon to see Live.com emails in Outlook with addresses like @live.com or @live.es (the regional version for Spain).
- MSN.com : by entering MSN.com you will see that Outlook appears among other Windows services, since it is part of the collection of MSN services, an abbreviated brand of “The Microsoft Network”, created in 1995. In addition, www.msn. com is a current news service with regional versions.
- Hotmail.com – Most popular brand, founded by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith , which started offering their services in mid-1996.
- Outlook.com : current version, when creating a new account you will be able to use the domain @outlook.com .
- Microsoft.com : Windows main website, as you have already seen that all the services are connected, it is not uncommon that at some point they ask you for your Hotmail or Outlook credentials to use them.
Is it possible to go back to the classic version of Hotmail?
Many users miss the way their inbox used to look, especially since the drastic change with the Outlook interface. Although at the beginning of its launch, there was the possibility to continue using the classic version, that option is no longer available. This means that the new version is fully implemented and is the only option available at this time.
- Argentina : is one of the countries with the largest market for Microsoft and its mail service, using domains « @hotmail.com.ar » or « @outlook.com.ar » to identify them
- Colombia : if you are from Colombia, you can use the domains « @hotmail.com.co » and « @outlook.com » for your e-mail address
- Spain : it is the European country with the most active users in postal services, it has the domains « @hotmail.es » and « @ outlook.com »
- Mexico : one of the most populous countries in the world, it has the domains ” @hotmail.com.mx ” and ” @outlook.com.mx “, although we have been told that they are not always available.
- Peru : it has the extensions ” @hotmail.com.pe ” and ” @outlook.com.pe “, although the latter is not always available.
- Chile : in this country you can use the extension @outlook.cl
- Brazil : for this country the domain @outlook.br is also available
- Venezuela : has not yet assigned its own domain extension , but in the future it could have one and it would be equivalent to « @hotmail.com.ve » or « @outlook.com.ve «, although we still have to wait!
From any of those domains/countries you will be able to create an account to access your regional email address. Avoid logging into domains other than those listed in this article, so your Microsoft account will never be compromised.