drop box is a cloud storage application used by both companies and personal users. If you are not sure if this software is for you, you can always go for DropBoxPaperwhich offers you the basic package of functionalities and at the same time allows you to see if your equipment works well with the application.
Advantages of DropBox Paper
When drop box came out on the market, it found a great competitor like google drive, which offered similar features for free, so the company devised a way to offer its potential customers a free alternative, designed so that you can work together with your team and edit documents together. Let’s see what it offers:
- Templates so you can quickly start sharing with your peers.
- To create to do lists so that you can put the most important ones with the corresponding priority and organize everything.
- Comments. In this way, the corrections are added directly to the document in question, making it much easier to locate them.
- notification center. From this place you will receive notifications when someone edits any of the documents that you have shared or they share with you, being able to speak through a group chat to agree on when to distribute the work.
- You can add images and tables to documents, in addition to creating spreadsheets or presentations, as if you were in Office.
How Dropbox Paper works
- entering DropBox – Paper You will see a screen like the one above, being able to create a new account or log in with your Google or Apple account.
- As you can see, you will have several options. To create your first document, simply click on «create file«.
- Once you do, it will take you to the editor, depending on the option you choose, it may ask you for permission to use it online.
- When opened, the format will be identical to, in this case, the Word word processor. All the changes you make are saved automatically.
- When you return to the home screen, you will find the new file you have created in DropboxPaper with all its changes.
- To share it, you only have to pass the cursor over said file and you will get the options that we show you if you click on “to share«.
- The option of “connect apps» means that, for example, you could send said file by Slack, Gmail or WhatsApp among others.
- Another interesting function is that of requesting files, where you can ask your contacts for a certain file on a specific date, without the need for them to have DropBoxPaper.
- As you can see, you will only have to add their email or simply send them a direct link so that they can enter said request and send the file to your folder directly.
Dropbox Paper for mobile
There is an Android and iOS version that you can take advantage of on your terminal, having the advantage that you can edit your documents without needing the Internet.
In any case, you will need access to your Dropbox account to be able to use either version.