Many people prefer put only name on facebook without adding your last name, it’s a matter of personal preference. If you would also prefer to omit your last name, this time you will know all the steps and tricks that allow you to configure your profile so that only one name is displayed.
Discover how to put only your name on Facebook, without a last name!
The steps to put only the name on facebook they are quite simple, however, the procedure to follow is different depending on whether you use the social network on the PC or on the mobile. Next, we show you the steps you must take to carry out the process successfully on the platform. Facebook.
Method for PC
In most cases, for put only your name on facebook It is usually enough to go to your profile settings and delete the last name. To do this, the steps you must follow are:
- Click on the arrow in the upper right corner to display the menu.
- Choose the option of Setting.
- Within the General section, select “Edit” just to the right of your name.
- Write your name and omit both the last name and the middle name.
- Click the Review Change button.
What to do if the above steps don’t work?
Now, it is possible that after trying the previous method, Facebook has asked you to enter the last name. This may be due to the fact that in the jurisdiction of your country it is mandatory to identify yourself with your first and last name on social networks. If this is the case, the only way to prevent the social network from knowing our location and allowing us to put a single name on facebook it is by using a VPN that allows you to hide your real location from the social network.
You can use any VPN for this purpose, however, to show you what steps you need to follow, we will take the Urban VPN service as an example. And to find this software you must follow these steps:
- Download UrbanVPN from official website.
- Install and start the program.
- Connect to one of the VPN servers.
- Redo the steps to put only the name on facebook now with the VPN active. And ready!
Once you manage to remove the last name from your Facebook profile, you do not need to continue using the VPN service, so you can deactivate it or even uninstall it.
On the other hand, if your favorite device is the mobile phone, you can put only the name on facebook through the following steps:
- In the Facebook app tap the 3-bar icon in the top right corner.
- Tap Settings and then, Personal information.
- Select the Edit option to the right of your name.
- write your new name omitting the last name and nickname fields.
- Press: Save changes.
What to do if the above method does not work?
After performing these steps, you will most likely get put only your name on facebook without the last name. However, as noted above, the social network may not allow you to omit the last name for legal reasons. In that case, you should use a VPN to hide your real location:
- Download the Thunder VPN app from Play Store either app store.
- Open Thunder VPN on your smartphone.
- Accept the terms and conditions of service.
- Press CONNECT.
- Go to Facebook and try again to change your name now with the VPN service activated. And ready!
After completing all the steps described above, remember that you can deactivate the VPN service or uninstall it if you wish so that it does not take up storage space on your mobile device.