Spotify has become a service leader in the music industry, with millions of users around the world thanks to the music catalog that allows the creation of personalized lists to enjoy the best multimedia streaming service. You can make use of Spotify from different platforms including computer or mobile phone applications.
By becoming one of the most popular services in music streaming, and given the huge number of users who use this service on a daily basis, it is possible that inconveniences such as loss of access to the service (password) or problems related to the Facebook account may arise. associated. However, there are options to recover the Spotify account again.
Recover Spotify account from PC
If you use Spotify regularly from your computer, you should go to the official website, since it is not possible to recover the account from the installed program. Here is the process to recover your account from a computer with a browser:
- Accede to https://www.spotify.com/password-reset.
- Enter your address email either Username. Press the button “Send«.
- You will receive an email in your inbox, open it and click on the recovery link «Reset password“
- Enter your New Password Y confirm it (you may need to prove that you are not a robot). Press the button “Send«.
- Congratulations! you will have successfully recovered your Spotify account.
The password will have been changed and you will be able to sign in to Spotify With the new access, in addition, being a universal access, you can use it from any device.
Recover Spotify Account from Android/iOS
The recovery process from an iOS or Android mobile phone is similar to the one you must follow on the computer with the particularity that you will not find this link in the official application. Here are the steps to recover an account from Android/iOS:
- go to https://www.spotify.com/password-reset from the browser (Chrome, Opera, Safari, Firefox).
- Enter your email or the Username that you use Click on «Send«.
- You will receive an email, open it and press the link “Reset password“.
- Enter your New Password Y confirm writing it a second time (you may need to prove that you are not a robot). Press the button “Send«.
- Clever! you just regained access to your Spotify account and catalog.
Don’t have the Spotify app or have you uninstalled it? Don’t worry! You can then recover the Spotify application by downloading it again from the official store, depending on your platform:
- Spotify for Android:
- Spotify for iOS:
From the official Spotify application you will find an alternative to be able to log in without using a password, that is, without knowing your password. Open the application and click on “Login”, enter username or email and then “Login without password”. You will receive a link in your email so you can access again.
Spotify Login Tips
Have you lost access to Spotify? To recover it you would have to use other platforms or follow the entire procedure to regain access to your account. However, it is preferable not to have to use any of these 2 options, you just have to follow some recommendations to avoid losing your account:
- Avoid losing or forgetting your password: choose a password that is not difficult to remember, but is strong (includes uppercase, lowercase, numbers and some symbols), you can use password managers like last pass either 1Password.
- Don’t share your password: Sharing your password with third parties may cause someone to change it without letting you know and you will lose access to your account.
- Link your account with Facebook: There is the option to link your Facebook account so that you can access it from the social network. You can do it from «preferences» > «Social» > «Connect with Facebook«. After assigning permissions, both accounts will be linked.
If you lose access to your account, you can use any of the recovery options listed above.