It is common for some users to lose access to their account, either because they have not used it for a long time or because they have lost their access data. However, the social network has some alternatives that allow recover a twitter account.
Recover account from the app on Android / iOS
Twitter has the recovery method through its application for mobile devices. Here are the steps to recover an account from Android/iOS:
- Download and install the Twitter app (if you already have it, you can skip this step):
- Twitter for Android:
- Twitter for iOS:
- Opens the application.
- Click on «Log in«, located at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on «Did you forget your password?«, located just below the form.
- Enter your email, phone number or username. Press «Search«.
- A screen will appear «How do you want to reset your password?» and below will appear 2 methods:
- phone number (it will show only the last 2 digits of your number, it is to help you identify it): they will send you a code by text message (SMS).
- Email address (partially hidden) – A link will be emailed to the address.
- identity verification: if you chose the SMS method, you must enter the code in the form and if you have chosen via email, you must click on the link that will appear in the body of the received email.
- Clever! You will have already successfully recovered your Twitter account. Remember to choose a new password with uppercase, lowercase, numbers and symbols, they will make the account more secure.
In the event that you have not downloaded the official Twitter application for smartphones, you can carry out the process directly from the web browser. Here are the steps to recover an account from the web browser:
- go to https://twitter.com/account/begin_password_reset.
- Enter the username, email address or phone number that you used at the time of discharge.
- Methods to restore access to your account:
- phone number (the last 2 numbers of your telephone line will appear, so you can identify it): you will receive a code by SMS.
- Email address (some characters will appear to help you identify it): You will receive a link by email to your inbox.
- check: if you chose the SMS method, you will have to enter the code and if the method was email, you will have to click on the link that will appear in the Twitter email.
- With both methods you can change the password by entering a new one and confirming it.
- Clever! the account will be restored.
Recover account from PC
In the event that you cannot access your account because you do not remember the password, you can regain access, even if you do not have the official application installed or do not have access from a mobile phone. Here are the procedures to recover the account from a PC:
- Accede to https://twitter.com/account/begin_password_reset.
- Enter the username, email or phone number used in your account profile.
- Restore access to the Twitter account:
- phone number (you will see the last 2 numbers of your number, it will help you identify it): verify that Twitter has sent you a code by SMS.
- Email address (you will see some characters to help you identify it): verify that you have received an email, you will see a link within the message.
- ownership verification: if you used the SMS, you will receive a code that you must enter to continue and if you chose the email, you will have to click on the link that will appear in the received email.
- In both cases you can change the password by entering a new one and confirming it.
- Cool! Twitter account recovered.