have you lost access to your account email from Outlook / Hotmail?, If this is your case, don’t worry! Losing access to email is common, although it can be alarming. The consequences when you lose access is that you will stop seeing or accessing your emails, and all Microsoft services, but also, you may have problems accessing the bank or your social networks, among other services, since normally the accounts will have registered with this email.
Microsoft Corporation (official name) offers several account recovery methods, from the company they understand that it is common to have lost access to an Outlook or Hotmail email account. they will ask you identify your identity through complementary information, depending on the recovery method, such as a phone number and/or one secondary email addresswhich serve to verify that you are the owner of the account and begin the process of regain access to Hotmail/Outlook account / MSNHotmail. Concerned? there is no reason, since Accounts & Sessions we will help you to recover your account, continue reading.
Recover Outlook/Hotmail email account without password
Do not you remember your password? is one of the most frequent reasons for loss of access to Hotmail/Outlook mail. Currently we handle many accesses and many services, it is very normal to have forgotten the password because it has not been updated for a long time, but don’t worry! There is a specific and simple way to recover password by further verification using an alternative method such as a secondary phone or email (previously registered in your account). Here are the steps to recover your password:
- Access the page of outlook account recovery.
- Enter your “email” (Outlook, Hotmail, MSN or Live) or “phone number” or “Skype username” and press the blue “Following«.
- Verify your identity by receiving a code through one of the 2 methods enabled in your account: verification through your Alternate email or a message SMS, in the latter case, enter the last 4 numbers of your mobile phone line. In both cases, Microsoft will help you identify the alternate address or phone number by displaying certain characters. Press the blue button «get code«.
- Enter the code number received by message SMS either email and press the blue button «Following«.
- Enter your new password: on this screen you can reset the password to your account. Remember to create a password that is difficult to guess, use uppercase, lowercase, numbers or symbols for greater security. Remember that you can always use password managers like last pass. Press the blue button «Following” to end.
- Congratulations! By now you will have recovered your account and your password will have been changed.
At the end of the password change, you must remember the data and use it to access your Outlook / Hotmail email account, remember that you must always use the new information to access.
Recover Outlook/Hotmail email account without address
If you automatically log in or just don’t use your account for a long time, it’s normal forget email address or username, even remembering the password. Microsoft offers you a method that only allows you to partially discover the email address used, so maybe it looks familiar and you can retrieve it. They will ask you to verify that you are the owner of the account by showing additional data to validate your identity, such as the secondary email address or you phone number mobile. Here are the steps to find out a forgotten @outlook/@hotmail address:
- Access the link of username recovery from Outlook/Hotmail from https://account.live.com/username/recover.
- Enter your phone number or address of secondary email, both data registered in your account. Press the blue button «Following«, a message will be sent to you automatically.
- Enter the security code number received (in your secondary email account or via SMS). Press the blue button «Following«.
- If the security code entered is correct, you will be able to partially see your primary email address or registered username.
- Press «Log in» to access your account.
This method doesn’t reveal the full address, but it can help you remember it. In case you have remembered the main address, we recommend you recover or modify your password, so you can have your account information updated.
Recover Outlook/Hotmail email account without recovery information
Don’t have any data or information to recover your account? Don’t worry! Microsoft has a last recovery method for the most serious cases, where you could not receive the recovery message with the security code via SMS/secondary email. We will review the solution to regain access to your email account without databut you should know that it is somewhat laborious and Microsoft will ask you for personal data to verify that you really are the owner of the account.
Suggestions before requesting the review
- Try requesting the form from the same IP or with him same device that you usually use to access that mail.
- Respond to the questions: there are no bad answers, even if you don’t remember exactly everything, try to answer with related information.
- Ask your contacts if they have sent you an email to that address recently, you may be asked for their addresses.
- Write your exact email addressremember that there are several domains @outlook.com, @outlook.es, @hotmail.com either @hotmail.esamong other.
Steps to Request Review
- go to https://account.live.com/acsris the form to recover lost Outlook or Hotmail accounts.
- Enter a valid email and to which you have access, Microsoft will contact you at that account through a message. Write the “rare” security characters that you see on the screen, it is a method to verify that you are a person. Press «Following«.
- Check the inbox of your entered email for content contact (the email from the previous step), you will receive a message from Microsoft with a security code multi-digit. Enter it in the form field and press «Check«.
- Enter the exact data used when creating the account. You’ll be asked for your first name, last name, date of birth, and the country or region where you created the account. Press the button “Next«.
- Outlook and Microsoft will need all the personal information possible, if you remember any old passwordmark the service(s) (Outlook.com or Hotmail, Skype either Xbox) and enter the password/s, you have 2 fields to add the password, but you can also add any more if required. Answer if you ever bought something from Microsoft, they will use it to give you more priority in case you are or have been a customer. Press the blue button «Following«.
- Microsoft will investigate your case in a maximum time of 1 day (24 hours). We recommend you check the chosen email so that they contact you every few hours, Microsoft will always contact you, but they may ask you for more information and the more agile you are in responding, the sooner you can recover your account.
If after 1 day (24 hours) you do not receive any message (favorable or adverse), we recommend you fill out the form again and send a new request, but try to add more information than the first time. You can send as many requests as you think are appropriate, but we recommend waiting a minimum period of 2 days (48 hours), after sending the first request, before sending a new one..
Suggestions to prevent losing your account in the future
Signing up for Outlook/Hotmail with real personal information is essential, it will make any recovery process much easier as Microsoft will use that information if you lose access to your account. Here are the steps to add additional methods to verify your account, such as a secondary email or phone number:
- go to https://account.microsoft.com/security/?lang=es-ES to access the account security settings.
- Sign in by entering your email, phone number or Skype username, then it will ask for your password.
- Press “Security Contact Information“.
- “Add security information“ (“Update my information”).
- Enter a alternative email address (can be from any service, eg. Gmail or Yahoo! Mail, or Yahoo! Mail) or a phone number of your choice, this information will serve you for future recovery.
- Verify email or phone number that you just added, they will send you a message via email or SMS, depending on the method chosen in the previous step. Enter the received code and follow the steps to successfully add this new recovery method.
- Clever! your account will already have an alternative recovery method, you have just performed an essential action to improve your security.
By following these steps, you will be able to rest easy in the future, and you will most likely be able to recover your account if you forget your password, email address, or just about any other related information. You can repeat this process to add a different method, so you have even more chances of recovery. In the event that none of the methods work, you will have to create a new Outlook/Hotmail email account.
And ready! Now you can log in and enter hotmail or outlook mail and enjoy all the functions offered by this service.