Problems accessing Snapchat? If you forget or make a mistake when entering your Snapchat login password, you may not be able to log in when you try to log in. If you enter any information wrong or do not remember your email address or username, you will not be able to log in to your account and you will not be able to contact the users you added, but don’t worry!
Fortunately, you can recover your account again, even if you don’t remember your password, email, username, or if you deleted your account less than 30 days ago. Since it is something relatively common, in Snapchat they provide some options to be able to recover the account through the email or the phone number associated with it. In Accounts & Sessions We will let you know the methods to enjoy your Snapchat account again.
Recover Snapchat account from a web browser
The first alternative to access the Snapchat account can be done from the official website. It is possible to access from the PC, or from the mobile phone using a web browser. This method does not require opening the application, although if you have it installed, below you will find a recovery method from the Snapchat application.
Recover account with phone number (without email)
Recover your account using your phone number registered in the account, the process is quite simple, you only need to request a text message (SMS) to verify it. Next, recover your account by verifying that you are the owner via SMS:
- go to https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/password_reset/phone.
- Enter the phone number and click on «Continue«.
- You will receive a SMS on your phone with a security code number within the message.
- Enter the code and press «Verify«.
- create a new access password for your account, you will need to type it twice (We recommend using uppercase, lowercase, numbers and some symbol). Click on «Save«.
- Clever! account recovered successfully.
From now on, you will have to remember this new password, and use it both in the application and in the browser version.
Recover account with email address
Recover your account using your email address, it can be very useful if you cannot access the phone number or if you do not receive the verification SMS. Here are steps to recover your account via email:
- go to https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/password_reset_request.
- Enter your address email and press the button on «Send«.
- check the inbox of your email, you will see an email with a title “Reset your Snapchat password”, open it and click on the link. If you don’t receive it, you can ask for a resend new recovery email pressing on «resend email«.
- Define a new access password, remember to use uppercase, lowercase, symbols and some number. Write it twice and click on «Save«.
- Clever! recovered account, enjoy it.
The recovery process using the email address of your account is quite simple and is also the most used by users who lose their access data.
Recover Snapchat Account from Android/iOS App
Recovering your Snapchat account with the official application on any iOS or Android device is very easy! Here are the steps to download, install and recover an account from a mobile device:
- Download and install Snapchat (if you already have the app, skip this step):
- Snapchat for Android:
- Snapchat for iOS:
- Opens the application.
- Click on «Log in«.
- Click on the option “have you forgotten your password?”, you will find it under the username and password boxes.
- Choose the method of account recovery more comfortable:
- Email: You will receive an email in your inbox with a title “Reset your Snapchat password”, open it and click on the link. If you do not receive the verification email, you can request another one.
- Telephone: You will receive an SMS text message with a 6-digit number to verify that you are the owner, you must enter it in the application.
- Please enter a New Password To access your account, try to use lowercase, uppercase, symbols and some number for greater security.
- Clever! You now have access to your Snapchat account again.
Recover account without email or phone number
You just permanently lost your account! Snapchat does not offer any method to recover an account without having access to the email or the telephone number, since precisely, during the registration, it requests and checks that data, in case you have problems in the future. By forgetting your email address or losing your phone number, you will have lost the only 2 options that Snapchat offers, for now, to recover an account.
If this happens, the only alternative would be create a snapchat account from 0 to continue enjoying all its fun features, contact your friends or follow your favorite artists.
Recover and reactivate deleted Snapchat account
When deleting an account, Snapchat offers you a period in case you regret it and want to recover your account, that period lasts 30 days of account inactivity. The process consists of sign in to Snapchat, entering the access data that you use regularly. If you do not remember your access data, you can recover the account with any of the steps that we have mentioned above, and by recovering access, you can confirm the reactivation of the account. Here are the steps to reactivate a deleted or unsubscribed account:
- Opens the Snapchat app.
- Press the button “Log in«.
- Enter your access data: Username Y password. Click on the button «Log in» to enter the account.
- Confirm what you want reactivate account. Click on «Yes» to start the reactivation process.
- A notice will appear alerting you that the process will take a few minutes, press «okay» to start the process.
- Clever! after a moment, you will have recovered your account with all your contacts.
After these minutes, the Snapchat account that was temporarily deactivated will be re-enabled and you will be able to log in again. From the snapchat support page You are informed about the process and the access credentials that you will be asked for, it may even take up to 24 hours to re-enable it, you will have to be patient.