Almost no one who uses the Internet today does not have an email, since email is used not only for receive messages, as a point of access to social networks or other services. With gmail It is normal that you find yourself in the difficulty of not remembering your access data, losing your favorite YouTube videos, your maps, your emails, all associated with your Google/Gmail account. Luckily, Google Enterprise makes it easy for us to account recovery effectively.
Yes, you read correctly, it is possible recover gmail account as long as the information you have entered during your registration is true, or at least remember what you had given them when registering, since they will ask for your email and your phone number, among other things. In this guide provided by Accounts & Sessions We will show you all the alternatives so that you can regain access to your email account and your Google account at the same time.
Recover the password of a Gmail email account
The loss of the Gmail password is one of the most common causes, many people have the same problem, and luckily, Google provides a very simple process to recover access to your email. Then follow the steps below:
- Enter in https://mail.google.com either https://www.gmail.com and click on «Log in«.
- Put the @gmail.com address you want to recover and click «Following«.
- Press the option “have you forgotten your password?“.
- It will ask you for last password you remember. Try to write it as complete as you can. If you don’t remember any, you can choose “try another way“. It is a useful method for Google to validate your identity.
- Request an SMS to verify your identity (provided you have a valid number associated with your account). Enter it in the form (select your country correctly or the SMS will not arrive) and click on «Send«.
- You will receive an SMS on the phone associated with your account. The message will be similar to this: “G-XXXXXX is the official verification code from Google”, being “XXXXXX” the number that you will have to enter in the next step. If you do not receive the SMS, you can press «RESEND IT» to receive another SMS, although it is best to wait a few minutes, it usually always arrives.
- Enter the code in the form and click on «Following«.
- A form will appear for change Password. When you have chosen her press «Following«.
- Congratulations! that will be you new Gmail email account password!.
For those cases where or have a phone to receive an SMS or emailthere is the option «try another way” either “I don’t have my phone«, where you will be offered several alternatives, with various questions to verify that you are the owner of the account. In case of not being able, they will ask you for an email to contact you and help you finish accessing your email / Google account.
Recover an email address from Gmail
don’t you remember Username or you address of e-mail @gmail.com?. Recover your address and access to your account by following these steps:
- Enter in https://mail.google.com O well https://www.gmail.com and click on «Log in«.
- Click on the link “Forgot your email?” that appears below the form to enter your email, will take you to a new window to enter a phone number.
- Please enter a recovery phone number associated with Gmail previously and press «Send«.
- Enter the Name and surname that you entered when creating your account and press «Following«.
- Send verification SMS: a code will be sent to the number that is linked to your Gmail account, it has the format “G-XXXXXX is your official Google verification code”, with “XXXXXX” being the number you will need to enter in the next step. In case you do not receive the SMS, after waiting a few minutes, you can request «RESEND IT» to receive a new SMS.
- Enter the code in the form.
- Choose the account linked to your phone number. Gmail will remind you of your email address once you’ve passed SMS verification.
- Enter the password and click on «Following«. If you don’t remember your password, go back to the first steps of this article to recover your password.
Yes you can’t receive the verification SMSyou always have the alternative email option, much faster and easier than clicking on a link.
What to do to avoid losing Gmail account?
You have already seen all the skills you should do in case you cannot access your account, with the risk no longer of losing access to your messages and all the important data stored within them, but to all the associated Google applications, own playstore, Maps, Chrome, etc., so once you’ve managed to get back in, you can follow these instructions to avoid losing control of your Google/Gmail account:
- Choose a strong password, but also easy to remember. Try mnemonic phrases or things more complicated than “key1235”. If inventing strong passwords isn’t your thing, you can always use password managers like 1Password.
- Add alternative security methods in https://myaccount.google.com/security and contact information in your Google account, such as an alternate phone number and an alternate email address. You can change this in “Methods to verify your identity“.
- Never tell other people your access data since they could access your account and change all your access data in a matter of minutes, losing the possibility of accessing your account forever.
With all these tips it is impossible for you to lose access to your Gmail and in the event that this happens, you will be able to recover access quickly and easily, so all you have to do is have fun while using Gmail!