whatsapp messager is one of the most widespread messaging apps in the world, offering many possibilities such as free messages, online calls, group chats… with so many files that are sometimes shared, it is normal for some to be deleted by mistake, that is why today we are going to try to see how to recover deleted whatsapp photos
Recover deleted WhatsApp photos from the web
- go to https://web.whatsapp.com/
- This method also works if you have the desktop application, in that case, you would have to click on the shortcut.
- Find the conversation where said photo was
- In case it allows it, the photo or video will appear blurred, if you click, it will either start to download, or you will get a window similar to the following.
- As you can see, it does not allow us to access the file, but it does give us the option to download it to our hard drive. Normally this option is given when it is a photo that has been sent to us but we have not been able to open it at that time and it has been saved in the photos sent. of WhatsApp.
Recover deleted WhatsApp photos with Google Drive
Periodically, WhatsApp back up all your chats and images using Drive.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner and go to Settings > Chats > Backup
- In this window you will see when the last backup copy of all your chats and images was saved. If it coincides with the date you think you may have had the image, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling WhatsApp.
- Doing so will load the backup most recent and all your chats and photos will reappear as if nothing had happened.
- Remember that yes, you must click restore the first time you open the app, otherwise it will be impossible to recover the photos later.
- Keep in mind that all files and chat after that date will be lost, so try to see if you can get it back in other ways.
Recover Deleted WhatsApp Photos Manually
There are third-party applications that promise to recover all the deleted data on a mobile, especially the photos deleted from whatsappbut we will teach you how to do it manually, which is a very simple process.
- Connect your mobile with a USB cable to a PC or laptop.
- Remember to put your mobile in usb mode in case your computer does not detect it correctly.
- Once you do this, a new Windows Explorer window will appear with the name of your device. click on storage.
- Go into the folder that says WhatsApp
- then go to Media> WhatsApp Images and see if you find the image in that folder.
- If not, try looking at «felt» which are the images sent and a backup copy is always saved in that folder.