The community rules of the platform Facebook, their main objective is to safeguard the integrity and security of all users of their platform. However, these are not always taken into account by some people within the social network. And, it is at that moment where knowing the how to denounce or report a profile/page on Facebook will be able to bring an adequate solution to any type of eventuality experienced in the network.
Find out how to report a profile or page on Facebook
It is important to highlight that within Facebook there are different spaces where users could make a report or complaint if they deem it convenient. If you need to know what these functions are, then we will mention different methods that you can use to denounce or report a profile/page on Facebook.
How to report a page?
If you know that a page may be reporting Facebook’s community guidelines or is damaging your image, the following step guide may be useful when making a report.
- Write the name of the page in the Facebook search engine or enter it from the “page” section in the menu of your account.
- Click on the (…) icon that is displayed below the name of the page.
- Select the option “Search for help or report page”.
- Locate and click on the reason of your report.
- send the report. And ready!
How to report profiles on Facebook?
If you feel that a user is harassing you or is impersonating you or other Facebook users, the report profile option It can be of great help to find a solution to the problem.
- Find the name of the profile you want to report or access it from the news section or your friends list.
- Click on the icon of the 3 ellipses (…).
- Click on the option that is named “Search help or report profile”.
- Select the reason for your report or write a comment that describes the conduct that the user has and how this can be considered a violation of the Facebook community standards.
- Finish the process by sending your comment to Facebook.
How to report inappropriate or offensive behavior by a page/profile?
If during your stay on the platform you come across publications that incite hatred towards a person; encourages bullying, violence, harassment or is even explicit and inappropriate content for users, you must file a complaint. To carry out this type of report you just have to follow the following steps.
- Go to content what you want to report.
- Click on the icon of the 3 ellipses (…).
- Select the option of “Report content” or “Report Photo”.
- And click on the section that best suits your complaint, for example “Report Violence”.
- If you want more information about it, you can click on the following help link.
Report messages on Facebook from a page/profile
If you feel uncomfortable or threatened by another user on Facebook who harasses you through a chat; you will be pleased to know that this type of behavior can be reported within the same platform. The procedure is the one shown below and it is extremely easy to carry out through the cell phone:
- Go to the conversation.
- Click on the name.
- Click on the “There is a problem” option.
- Select the reason for your report.
- Submit the comment.
- Block the contact if necessary.
Is it possible to report something on Facebook if I don’t have an account or don’t have access to the page or profile?
Although it is not possible make a report without having a Facebook account, it is still possible to request the support or help of another user of the platform; Likewise, if the content directly affects your image, the user who reports your case will have access to a series of options that will be very useful; such as the “This user is trying to falsify someone else’s identity” option.
It should be noted that the higher the volume of reports, the easier it will be to delete or cancel an account or a page within the platform.
How to denounce or report a profile/page that pretends to be me on Facebook?
Reporting this type of behavior is easy. In case of requesting the help of another user, he will only have to follow the steps:
- Go to the profile or page trying to fake your identity.
- Click on the 3 dots.
- Select the option of “Find help or report page/profile”.
- Select the desired option and click on “Send report”. And ready!