Not long ago you can share stories on instagram with your contacts, probably to compete with other apps like WhatsApp. As it is something new, many people get a little lost when trying it, but don’t worry, we will show you everything here.
The best thing is that not only can you share your most intimate and fun moments in a simple way on Instagrambut allows you to share content in which you are [email protected]so you should be well aware of how it works to get the most out of it.
Share stories from mobile
There are several ways to share a story on instagram from a mobile, so we are going to explain the three most common step by step:
Share a new story
We are going to cover the case where you have never published a single story. proceeds like this:
- Go to Instagram from your mobile app.
- Place yourself in «home» or click on the house icon just below.
- In case of do not leave the option of stories just above the welcome message, click on the +.
- Instagram will ask you access to your files and camerathis is normal, so accept.
- Create the content you want and hit «send to«.
- Select who to send your new instagram story.
- Click on «Edit» to also share on Facebook or in «to share» to send it to your selected contacts.
Share already published stories
For what you already have published but want to share it through Instagram stories, the steps are even simpler than in the previous case:
- Enter the Instagram app and click on the three horizontal lines.
- Now press on File, Archive to view your previously published stories.
- Choose about the story that you want to share by clicking on it.
- Go to the bottom right corner and hit “plus» and from the options that appear, choose «share as post«.
- Edit your Instagram story before sharing it, and you will see that at the end you will see a series of options, in case you want to also share it on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc. Click on the blue tick at the top right to finish.
Share stories from other accounts
In case you have seen a publication that you like from one of your contacts or from a Instagram account you followyou may share your story in the following way:
- Find the story you want to share and click on it. paper plane icon.
- Give to “add post to your story«.
- Give to “to share» and you will get a list of friends with whom you want to share it.
- As soon as you hit «clever» you will share the story on your Instagram.
Share stories on Instagram from PC It is totally possible thanks to the web version, which will give you all the features of the app, to achieve it:
- Go to the official Web of Instagram and log in with your usual data.
- Go to the account you want and click on the story you want to share. The process is the same if they are your own stories.
- Hit the icon Paper plane in the bottom.
- Choose who you want to share the publication with and click on «Send«.
In any case, remember that all stories you share on Instagramwhatever the medium, will only be available to view for 24 hoursunless you save them.
Why won’t it let me share stories on Instagram?
There can be several reasons, among the most common:
- Make sure you have activated «allow sharing» on Instagram by going to My Profile > Settings > Privacy and security > Story controls > Shared content (check this last box).
- If the account is privatestories of her cannot be shared.
- don’t you you follow each other on instagram. In this case make sure to check your notification tray.
- instagram outdatedeither. Sometimes, especially if the app hasn’t been updated for a long time, it can cause stories to not share correctly.
- Misspelled username. Simply ask him to send it back to you with your name spelled correctly.