Netflix is a streaming platform that allows you to share and use your account on multiple devices. If you think someone is taking advantage to use your account without permission, here we will tell you how to log out of all connected devices.
Check your open Netflix sessions
To start you will need to see what devices have access to your accountthis can be seen as follows:
- Sign in to Netflix with your usual login details.
- Go to «My profile» > «Setting» and choose between these two options.
- display activity. It will show you when they have accessed your account and from what device, in addition to showing the content they have viewed during the active session.
- Recent device streaming activity. With this option it will tell you in detail everything about the device that your account uses; your IP address and the date/time you connected.
- Now you must review each connection and identify one that does not fit you, if that is the case, we recommend that you change your netflix password as soon as possible.
To be totally safe, the ideal is that sign out of netflix of all your devices. Here we will detail how to do it step by step.
Sign out of Netflix on PC
- Enters in your Netflix account and click on your profile picture in the upper right corner.
- go to Account > Settings > Sign out of all devices.
- give to confirm and at that moment will close netflix on any device associated with that account.
- These steps are also valid for sign out of netflix on mobileonly you will have to open the app or enter from the web browser of your device with your login data.
Log out of Netflix from SmartTv
It should be noted that from the smartTV you can only sign out of current Netflix on your TV, since it is not possible from the app itself. If you could do it by entering from the browser and repeating the previous steps.
In case you only need sign out of Netflix on your smartTVfollow these instructions:
- Go into Netflix and go to «Menu” In the left side.
- Hit the cogwheel (Setting) and then in Logout > Yes.
- If the configuration menu does not appear, try using the direction arrows to press them in the following order: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, up, up, up and up
- Once you finish the sequence you will get the option «Sign off«.
- Clever! the session will be closed 😉
Sign out of Netflix from PlayStation
For those of you who don’t want to leave your console, you can try this:
- Launch the Netflix app from the PS3 or PS4.
- In the bar on the left, click on «Ask for help«> «sign out«.
- Confirm by clicking on Yes.
Remove a device from Netflix
If you suspect that they have been able to enter from an unknown device, the safest thing is simply remove it so you can’t sign in to Netflix again:
- Log in to your account and go to «my account and help” in the upper right corner.
- Click on «Manage Netflix on devices and computers» and choose «deactivate» on the device of your choice.
- Please note that it may take up to 8 hours to deactivate and that if you do will also remove all location data of the device, so in case of theft it is not a good idea to do it before recovering it.
How to block a Netflix profile
Although it is not possible to enter a second password on Netflix or protect it in any other way than renewing your pass from time to time, there is a way to block a profile on Netflix by creating a PIN to protect the contents that said profile can see. In this way, especially if you have children, you can control if they watch movies or series suitable for their age:
- Log in as always on Netflix and go to Account > Parental Controls. It will ask you to enter your password.
- Enter a pin codebliss 4 number sequence you will need it later to block and unblock Netflix content.
- Select the level of protection by age groups:
- Small children: All content will be PIN locked.
- Youths: They will only be able to watch series/movies rated 7+.
- Teenagers: They will be able to watch movies or series marked as 13+.
- Adults: Same as above, but rated 16+ and 18+.
- To access any of them will need a PINor you can block specific movies/series by typing the title and clicking on «save» to confirm the changes.