It has happened to all of us at some point, that due to an emergency we have to log in in our email at a friend’s house or with an unknown/foreign device, be it to reply to an email, retrieve important information, etc. It also happens to us that because of the haste, we leave the site without making sure to log out properly, i.e. leaving the session open, and exiting only by closing the window in question; and it is that not all platforms have an easily accessible logout option. To protect your personal information and close all sessions from any devicefollow the steps below, security and privacy come first!
Sign out of Outlook in Windows 10
- Move the cursor to the search bar on your Windows.
- Search “Outlook”.
- you will see a file menu in the upper left cornerwhere you should click.
- Move your cursor and click on “office account”.
- There will be an option of “Sign off» under your name, where you should also press.
- Ready, sessions closed!
Sign out of Outlook on a Windows 7 desktop
Now we will name Two methods steps to sign out of Outlook in Windows 7.
- Open the Outlook window.
- press ALT + F4 to go out.
- Once you exit Outlook, you will log out with that command.
- Open the website of https://outlook.live.com
- Move the cursor to the profile option in the Right upper corner and click on it.
- A menu dropdown.
- Now click on the option “Sign off” located at the bottom of the menu.
Close your account in the Outlook app on your mobile device
Sign out of Outlook it is different on mobile devices like Android or IOS. Instead of being given the option Sign off, you must delete your account to no longer be logged in. The same case applies if you are an iPad and tablet user.
- open the outlook app.
- Touch the option of menu with 3 horizontal lines located in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Within the options that appear, touch the icon Setting.
- Now you will see an option of accounts once the Settings menu opens. Here you will need to tap on the account you want to remove from your phone.
- You will now see the account information.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen until you see the option “Delete account” and click on it.
- In a pop-up window you must confirm your selection by clicking on «Remove«.
Close open Hotmail/Outlook sessions on a MacBook
Similarly, with a MacBook, you should delete your Outlook account instead of simply signing out.
Steps to delete your account in Outlook desktop on your MacBook
- Open the Outlook desktop app.
- Move your cursor to where Outlook is written in the upper left corner and click there.
- Then click on preferences in the dropdown menu.
- position yourself on Bill and click to continue
- Move your cursor to the account you want to remove from the list on the left and click again.
- Now click on the minus sign (-) at the bottom.
- A pop-up will appear confirming your selection.
- To finish, click on «Remove«.
What to do if I can’t log out?
- You may have tried the steps above and failed. sign out of Outlook. In those cases it is probably the fault of cookies, which are text files that are stored on your computer and save, among other things, your login data.
- You will need to delete said cookies fine with a program like CCleaner or from your web browser, in addition to allowing the sending of new cookies so that you can leave your Outlook account closed.
- Usually this is in Settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data.