Mega is the successor to the old Megaupload download service, which allows, among other things, to store files from the cloud by logging in from your account. So that no one else can access it, we will show you here how log out of Mega.
How to close the current session in Mega
To manage to close our session and that nobody can access our Mega account, we must access our personal panel, luckily, it can be found easily:
- get into your mega account and click on the icon with the three horizontal stripes, in the upper right corner.
- In the dropdown that appears, select “Disconnect” and you will log out of mega automatically.
Sign out of MegaSync for PC
If you have downloaded the desktop version of Mega, normally the session is open from the beginning, so if you are not interested or do not want to consume data, we recommend that you close your current session in Mega via mega sync:
- Go to your toolbar and right where you have the speaker icon (if you’re using Windows 10) you’ll see a tab. Click like the picture.
- Click on the Mega icon and choose the option «Leave» in the dropdown.
- If you don’t see the icon, click on «show hidden icons» this usually happens if you have too many apps open and they enter it in the toolbar box.
- With this you will close your sessionalthough you will not lose your data and when you reopen it you will be able to use your mega account normally.
Sign out of Mega on Android devices
Being a multiplatform program, you can access your account on multiple devices, but if for any reason you are not interested in having it open on your smartphone, logging out on Android is a simple process:
- Enter your Mega account from the app.
- Look for the three dots in the upper right corner and click on «disconnect«.
- From that moment your current session in your Mega account will be closed.
Log out of Mega from any device
We have already mentioned that Mega is a cross-platform appso it is possible to have it open even at the same time on several different devices, we can control all this from the panel itself:
- Sign in to your Mega account.
- Accede to Settings > Security > Session history.
- You will see a list of all sessions that are active. Click on any of them and choose «disconnect» to close it on that device.
- You have the option to forcefully close all sessions from that same screen by clicking on «close all other sessions» which appears at the end of the list.