amazon It has a Prime membership that offers, in addition to faster delivery and a variety of products, a streaming offer to watch movies, series and even music. Of course to help you enjoy it to the fullest we will tell you how to install amazon prime on tv and that you can see it in the comfort of your living room.
What TV can you watch Amazon Prime on?
Most recent TV models are fully compatible with this app, some of them even come with it installed, but it is true that there are some models that are more compatible:
- Samsung (from 2012e onwards)
- LG (model year 2014 minimum).
- Sony, in principle, any model.
- Xiaomi, all models.
- Panasonic (from model TX40xxx, that is, from 2015)
Install Amazon Prime on SmartTV
- The first thing is to be registered on amazon and have an account Amazon-Prime active. You should not create a different one to see it on TV, since it is valid for any device.
- If you don’t have the official app pre-installed on your TV, you’ll have to access this link from your browser: https://www.primevideo.com/
- Now you can either install the app or log in to Amazon Prime directly from the TV.
- To get the application you must go to the menu (or menu>home on the remote) of your TV and Apps > Samsung/LG or whatever the TV brand is, they usually have their own store.
- Click on the magnifying glass and write amazon prime.
- This will take you to the official page to start install Amazon Prime on your TV.
- When finished, it will appear in the applications menu of your TV and log in.
- You may be asked for a code to associate said tv in your Amazon Prime accountsimply enter the code you will receive to add the new device.
How to watch Amazon Prime on older TVs
This option is ideal if you do not have a Smart TV or it is not very new and you cannot install Amazon Prime from the store. In these cases, the ideal is to try with an external device:
- Get a chrome cast either fire stick and add it to your TV, remember to connect it to the same WIFI as your TV.
- To do this, go to Prime Video on your mobile / PC and in the lower right corner click on «Send«.
- Wait for it to detect all the devices on the network, and select the chrome cast either fire stick that you have connected
- Once the process is finished, you can watch the movie you want as if you were in your Amazon account.
- In case you have an Apple TV you can do the following:
- Go to Siri Remote > Menu.
- In the App Store search for Prime Video and download the app.
- In a few minutes you will have Amazon prime installed on your TV.
With PS or XBOX consoles
If you have bought PS3, PS4 or Xbox One you have the option to install apps:
- Enter the console store.
- In the search engine type prime video and click on install.
- Log in with your data to access the content.