google drive is Google’s star application, which allows you to save all your photos and files in one place in the cloud, being able to access them from any device. In case you want to know how to download google drive windows It is a very simple process and you have many options that we are going to detail here.
Features of Google Drive for Windows
You might think that with this version you will be able to do the same as with the browser version, although the truth is that they have some small differences, specifically, it allows you to:
- Access and sync all your files in the Google Drive cloud and on your PC. This means that you can both download them to your hard drive and upload new files to the cloud to always have them available, just like when sign in to google drive.
- Once saved, you can open them on any other device and see what you’ve uploaded.
- You will not be able to edit these documents or filesbeing only possible to do it online, by clicking on them from your PC and opening the version of Google Drive for browsers.
How to download Google Drive on Windows
- See this direct link to go to the download website.
- Scroll down and you will see these two options. Click on For users > Download.
- Accept the terms and conditions and start the download by clicking on «accept and download«.
- An executable called installbackupandsync will be downloaded, run it as administrator with the right button.
- After a few seconds, a window similar to this will open, with 3 shortcuts on your desk.
- Just click on «start» will ask you to enter your Google login details.
- Select the folders on your hard drive that you want save to google drive, you don’t have to select all of them, and you can even create a new one to share. When you’re done, click Next.
- Now the process of saving all the files you have chosen from your cloud hard drive.
- When finished, a message will appear in the taskbar like the one we show you and a new shortcut called google drive will appear on your desktop.
- If you click on this shortcut it will take you to the files you have uploaded on google driveand you can upload new ones if you copy them to that folder on your hard drive, which by the way is saved by default in C:\Users\username\Google Drive
- Remember that all office documents (excel, word, etc.) are shown as shortcuts only, so you will need to open them with Google Drive online.
- However, you will be able to use your new tool in the same way as DropBox or OneDriveuploading your photos and videos to the server to download them with Google Drive on Windowsmake a backup and access them both from your PC and from any device.