Instagram is one of the most popular apps to share photos with your friends both in Android like in iOSalthough to use it you will need update Instagram to its latest version. Normally it is an automatic process, but here we will leave you everything in detail so that you can achieve it regardless of your terminal.
Update Instagram from Android
The easiest way is from google playaccessing the app from the link that we put above, but if for any reason you have difficulties to enter, you can carry out this same process from your own mobile:
- Enter to google play and sign in with your Google account. You can also access from your mobile by entering the app Play Store.
- Click on your profile picture, in our case the big D icon.
- go to Manage apps and device > Manage
- You will see a list of all your apps. Choose “installed»Y “updates available«.
- Search Instagram and mark the box on the right, you will see that a new icon will appear above, click on it.
- At the moment it will start update Instagram to its latest version.
- Remember to activate the Wi-Fi, since it is possible that if you use data, your mobile will not update the apps to save data.
Force update from APK (without PlayStore)
Either because you don’t have a device compatible with that version or because you simply can’t update instagram with the above method, you can try to download APK file. There are many websites that offer this service, so we recommend that you take a good look before downloading any file.
- The process is quite simple, you can go for example to this website and hit «download apk«.
- Now go to the downloads folder in your terminal and click on the file to start the installation.
- This is also valid if you have Bluestacks either No x on your PC, in those cases even the emulator will open automatically when double clicking.
Update Instagram from iOS
For update instagram in any iOS device you must follow these steps:
- Enter the app store with your iPhone and your session logged in.
- go to updatesby clicking in the lower right corner. If there are updates available you will see a red balloon.
- Look for the Instagram icon and if possible, click on «To update«.
Update Instagram from Windows Phone
Now you can also get the latest version of Instagram on your windows phone following these steps:
- Enter the windows store and writes Instagram in the browser.
- Since you already have it installed, the option to «To update«.
- When you press the download will start and instagram update on your mobile.
How to delete Instagram
In case the app has problems, the simplest and quickest thing is to uninstall it and reinstall it, or force it to stop if you see that your device is abnormally slow. Let’s see how to do this for any terminal:
As for the installation, the simplest thing is to enter Google Play, search for the app and click on «uninstall«. If for whatever reason you cannot, it is also possible to do it from your mobile:
- Go into Settings > Settings > Apps > Instagram > Uninstall.
- You will also see the option to “force arrest» this does not delete the app but it does restart it, so you can try this first before deleting it.
In order not to get too involved, you can delete Instagram on your iPhone So:
- Long press the app icon and click on the X that will appear right next to it.
- At that time you will have uninstalled Instagram from your terminal.