Google Chrome allows you to customize the entire Internet browsing experience, from the color of the toolbar to things such as a translator built into google chromeso that when you enter any website you can translate it into Spanish.
How to translate a website with Chrome from the PC
- Make sure you have first updated google chrome in its latest version.
- Enter a website that is not in your language, we have chosen thetimes.co.uk.
- If you look before entering from Google, it already offers us the possibility of automatically translating the web.
- When entering directly from a link, this option may not appear.
- To fix this, right-click anywhere on the web and hit translate to Spanish.
- you will get the full page translationbeing able to put it in English by updating the web.
- If you click on the three points you will see when you hit translate in chromeit will give you several options, such as always translate from English, never, or even translate it to a language other than Spanish.
How to translate a website with Chrome from mobile
- Open Chrome on your device Android or iOS.
- Click on the three dots on the Right upper corner.
- Look in the drop-down where where «translate» and select that option.
- You will see that the entire website has been translated, including the drop-down menus.
- If you want it to return to the original language, you just have to refresh it by clicking update.
Add Google Translate to Chrome
It may be the case that your browser does not come with said plugin installed, so let’s see how it is done:
- Enter to this link to go to the addon.
- Click on add to chrome to add it to the browser.
- In a few seconds it will be fully functional, and you will be able to translate entire websites with Google Chrome, if not phrases that you previously select with the mouse.
- When you have the text selected you will only have to click the right button and choose «Google translator«.
- It will then take you to the Google translate page, where you can even switch to other languages that interest you, listen to the text, or upload entire documents in various formats for translation.
- There are also alternatives like ImTranslator which uses a different translator than Google. It is installed in the same way that we have explained to you, and it could be a good alternative, if you see that the chrome translator It doesn’t give you a good experience.